A part from creating single contents, you can also add a right side bar on both the Blog Main and Article Pages, which you can use to report sections such as Recent Posts, Category or Monthly Posts, Clouds etc.
You can customize this side bar the way you want and decide which elements to report and in which order:
- On Step 1 - Website settings > Advanced, open the Blog window and access the Side Blocks section.
- First of all, set up the side bar: as you can see, some of the blocks are already active, but you can use the available buttons to add, remove and rearrange all the blocks you want.
- Click on the Add button or select an existing block and click on Edit: in this way, you can access the Side Block window.
- Use the options you can find in the General section to set up the Block contents: the available options vary according to the Block you choose.
- Use the options available in the Style section to work on the Block graphic style: you can customize fonts, colors, margins, alignments and borders.
How to display the Side Blocks bar
As mentioned, you can decide to display a Side Blocks bar. To report it in the Home Page, you need to:
- Go to Step 3 - Sitemap, select the Special Page Blog: Main Page and click on Edit, or double-click on the page.
- Activate the option Display Side Block in the following window.
If you want to display the Side Block on the Article Pages, you need to follow the same procedure but in the Special Page Blog: Article Page.
Different kinds of Side Blocks
As you can see, you can find many types of contents in the Side Blocks window:
- Recent Posts: use it to display the most recent posts you published on your Blog. Click on the title to open the corresponding Article Page.
- Categories: use it to display the list of the categories you organized your Blog Posts in. Click on the Category to see the list on the corresponding articles.
- Monthly Posts: use it to report the list of the Blog Posts you published, month by month.
- Authors: use it to display the Post Authors list. Click on the Author to see all the Articles he or she published on the Blog.
- Clouds: use it to report the list of all Categories or of all the Tags associated with the published Articles. The Category or Tag names are displayed in different sizes according to the number of posts they are linked to: the more posts are available, the bigger the tag is. Click on the item to see the corresponding Article list.
- Blogroll: use it to display a list of Blogrolls, i.e. other Websites or Blogs you want to suggest to your readers.
- Image: use it to display and clickable image. You can use this function to create a banner.
- Facebook:use the Facebook Social Plug-In "Like Box", so your visitors can:
- see how many people/friends liked the reported Facebook Page;
- read the recent Posts published on the reported Facebook Page;
- like the reported Facebook Page without having to actually open it.
- Google AdSense Adverts: use it to display the adverts provided by Google AdSense™.
- HTML Code: this block is completely customizable and you can use it to add any extra function which isn't already present in the Program.