WebSite X5 Evo and Pro
To be clearer, we will take on the same example we mentioned in the article How to create a multi-language website, taking all what's reported on that article about how to set up projects in English, German and Portuguese for granted. Let's also assume we have set up one of the three described methods for the language choice.
You now have three identical projects which only differ for the language employed, so you can publish them online. You need to export the three projects onto the Server by creating a correct structure, so the links enabling the language selection or the automatic redirection according to the browser language can work properly.
In our example, English represents the language for the main project, so it needs to be exported in the server main folder.
- Open the English project, go to Step 5 - Export > Upload the website to Internet.
- Choose the Webspace Provider you want to use.
- If you use a WebSite X5 Hosting:
- only for the first time, click on Activate it so to make it available;
- click on Start to proceed with the export.
- If you use the space offered by another Provider:
- write the URL address for the website: www.mysite.com;
- click auf Parameters and add the necessary server connection parameters in the Server Settings window;
- click on the Start button and proceed with the upload.
German and Portuguese website
These are the projects referred to the other languages the website is available in: you need to create a sub-folder ("de" and "pt") on the server and upload each project in its specific folder.
- Open the German project, go to Step 5 - Export > Upload the website to Internet.
- Choose the same Webspace Provider used for the project in English.
- Create the Destination Folder. Click on the button: you will see all the folders currently available on your Server.
- Click on the button to create a new folder and rename it de.
- Double-click on the de folder you just created to open it, then confirm by clicking on OK.
- Now you can proceed uploading the German website.
- Repeat the same steps for the Portuguese website.
#tip - For more information see: How to export your website using the Hosting service included with WebSite X5 and How to export your website using a Hosting service different from the one included with WebSite X5