WebSite X5 Evo and Pro
With Google Maps you can look for an address, ask for directions, explore new places and much more. All these functions can be easily integrated on your website with the Google Maps Object. We used it in the Blossom Corner Template, in the "Contacts" page to show how to get to the shop. More examples are available in the Preview page.
How to set up a map
- Double-click on the Google Maps Object you added on the page to open the settings window.
- Set the Object Maximum size expressed in pixels.
- Choose the Display mode you want to activate:
- Street View
- Add the required Settings, which vary according to the chosen Display mode. If you choose Map, for example, you need to report the Address, the Zoom factor and the Style. If you choose Street View, Directions or Search, on the other hand, you need to add your Google API Key.
- Click OK when you're happy with the result.
How to register on Google Maps Platform and get an API Key
Google Maps Platform is a Google tool which you can use to create immersive location experiences. To use certain services, you need to register and get an API Key. The procedure you need to follow is really easy:
- Connect to the Google Maps Platform Console and follow the guided procedure to register a new project and generate an API Key.
- Choose the product you want among:
- Maps: if you want to use the Street View function;
- Routes: if you want to use the Directions function;
- Places:if you want to use the Search function.
- Create or select a project.
- Add your invoicing details.
According to the current pricing, if you activate the service, you will get $ 200 free credit a month, which is usually enough to suit the needs of most users: it will be necessary to pay only if this amount is exceeded.
#tip - If you need to display a list of different addresses on the map, check out the Multiple Location Map Object.
Are you curious to use this Object on your website pages? Install Google Maps now: it's free.