WebSite X5 Evo and Pro
Often, the Videos that you want to add to a Website Page are not stored on your computer, but they are files that have been published on an online platform such as YouTube™ or Vimeo.
If this is your case, there are two ways to import a video:
- You can use the Video/Audio Object
- You can use the HTML Code Object
#tip - When you insert a video from YouTube™ using a Video/Audio Object, the original size is changed according to WebSite X5's settings. You will have more control over the size if you import videos from YouTube™ using the HTML Code Object.
Import a YouTube Video using the Video/Audio Object
- Insert a Video/Audio Object, then open the window to create it.
- Click on the button to open the File Selection window and access the YouTube/Vimeo section.
- Type in the video URL: you can even directly paste it after having copied it from your browser address bar.
- Set the Properties appropriately.
Import a YouTube Video using the HTML Code Object
- Open YouTube™ and display the video you want to import.
- Click on the Share button (under the video's preview) and then on the Embed button. Select the options you want and copy (using the Copy command in the context menu or the CTRL+C keys) the code shown in the field.
- In WebSite X5, go to the page where you want to add the video and insert a HTML Code Object, then open the window to create it.
- Use the button or the CTRL+V keys to paste the code you have copied from YouTube™.