WebSite X5 Evo and Pro
The procedure to add a text is really simple:
- Add a Text Object and use the button to access the settings window.
- Now that you accessed the editor, you can add text content in three ways. You can:
- Type the text.
- Paste the text in the editor after having copied it from another file: you can find the Copy and Paste options in the Toolbar as well as in the context menu, which you can open by right-clicking with the mouse (you can also use the key combinations CTRL+C and CTRL+V). Intead of using the Paste command , you can use the Paste Special command: in this case, the pasted text will lose the possible original formatting settings and will therefore take on the ones defined in the editor.
- Generate the text with MagixText, the Artificial Intelligence-based text generation assistant available with WebSite X5 Pro, starting from version 2023.2. Using MagicText is really easy: click on the and describe the text you want to get. MagicText will write it for you.
#tip - MagicText can help you find new ideas, write titles or full paragraphs for your web pages. It's perfect to boost your creativity and increase your productivity. For more information, see What's MagicText and how can I use it to generate text contents.
- Select the part of the text you want to work on and use the options available in the Toolbar to give it the desired format. The Toolbar offers all the options which are usually available for any text editor.
- If there's a title in the text, select it and apply the style which best suits your needs by choosing it from the Heading Styles menu.
#tip - Headings in the Pro edition. If you are working with the Pro edition and you have activated the 'Set H1..H6 tag for the Template Headings' option available in the Statistics, SEO and Code > SEO window, when you choose a Heading Style the corresponding <h1>...<h6> tag is automatically applied to the text.
- You can use the specific menus to customize the font style and size. The menu shows the command for applying the Default Font (defined by the style of the Page Text item in the Text Style window), the list of Safe Fonts (those which are present on all devices and do not need to be published, and all the Google fonts and web fonts added in the Add web fonts window, which is opened by the Other font types command.
The font types can be easily identified by the icon next to them:
- Google Fonts: fonts which are linked to Google's server.
- Online Web Fonts: fonts which are linked to server of service that offers fonts.
- Offline Web Fonts: fonts which are published on the website's Internet server.
#tip - Fonts. For more information about what Web Fonts are and how they can be integrated, please see: Standard and Web Fonts.