WebSite X5 Evo and Pro
As you probably know, any EU entity's website or any website addressing EU citizens must comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The non-compliance with the mentioned regulations could involve in fact severe sanctions.
Lately, there have been some changes to the norms regulating the collection and management of consent to receive cookies: cookie walls aren't compliant anymore, you must indeed give your visitors the possibility to choose whether to accept or block cookies using specific and well visible buttons.
If you are looking for a simple and efficient way to manage cookies and making your website compliant with the regulations, you can choose a service like Cookie Script.
Please follow these 3 steps to create a cookie banner with the Cookie Script Object:
- Installing the Cookie Script Object
- Generating the cookie banner with Cookie Script
- Integrating the cookie banner on your website
Installing the Cookie Script Object
- Open the software on Step 4 and click on Object Management to access all the available Objects.
- Select the Cookie Script Object in the Utility section and click on Free to install it.
- If you haven't logged in yet, the software might ask you for the Username and Password you use on the WebSite X5 Help Center to complete the installation.
Generating the cookie banner with Cookie Script
To generate a cookie banner, you first need Cookie Script account.
- Go to https://go.websitex5.com/wsx5_cookiescript and register to use the service.
- Cookie Script needs some details in order for you to create the cookie banner: follow the reported steps. In just a few moments, your banner will be complete and customized.
- When the guided procedure is over, copy the generated code for your cookie banner.
Integrating the cookie banner on your website
Now that you have created the cookie banner, and you have the necessary code, you can go back to WebSite X5 and open the project.
- Open your WebSite X5 project and add the Cookie Script Object in all the pages you want the banner to be active on: because it isn't a real content, but rather a piece of code, you can add it on any cell of the layout grid, as long as it doesn't affect the way the other elements are arranged. Alternatively, you can add the Cookie Script Object directly on the template header or footer: in this way, you just add it once, and the banner will be displayed on all the website pages.
- Open the Object and paste the Cookie Script code in the Embed code field.
- Save and publish your website online.
Now, Cookie Script will scan your website to check which banners and which scripts are actually active. You will find the results in the dashboard the service provides you with: there, you can check and work on the active banners and scripts.
You can start using Cookie Script with a free plan, verify your website compliance and create the banners to be integrated on your website right away. With the free plan, you can connect up to 2 domains, scan 10 pages, and it supports up to 20.000 visited pages a month.
More information and support on the Cookie Script generator available at https://go.websitex5.com/wsx5_cookiescript