WebSite X5 Evo and Pro
Invented in the early 1990s by a Japanese subsidiary of Toyota Denso to mark car parts and speed up logistics, QR Codes quickly became pretty popular in many areas, and we all learned to know and use them.
In case you don't know, "QR" stands for "Quick Response" and it refers to the fact that the Code offers quick access to the information it is associated to. It's a really versatile tool that can be employed in many different ways on the pages on your website. How? With the QRCode Generator Optional Object, which you can use to create and customize different kinds of QR Codes. Check out some examples on this Preview page.
How to define the content of the QR Code
- Double-click on the QRCode Generator Object you have added on your page to access the settings window.
- Stay in the Content section: select the QR Code type from the drop-down menu. You can choose among:
- Website: to allow anybody to quickly access the web page or file available on the reported URL.
#tip - If you want to connect an image or a PDF file to the QR Code, you first need to publish the file online and then use the "Website" type to link it.
- Contact details: to share contact information about you and your company, just like you would do with a business card.
- Text: to display a normal static text with information or insights about a topic.
- Call: to start a call to a preset phone number.
- E-mail: to start an e-mail client, so people can e-mail you.
- SMS: to allow your visitors to send a text message to a preset phone number.
- WhatsApp: to invite your visitors to contact you via WhatsApp, by setting up a preset phone number and message.
- Event: to share important details such as date and place, adding the event to the calendar.
- Map: to share your position on Google Maps.
- Wi-Fi: to allow people to quickly and securely connect to a Wi-Fi network without a password.
- You will then be able to use the available options to report the necessary contents, which of course vary according to the selected type of QR Code.
How to customize the style of your QR Code
Once you defined the kind of action you want the QR Code to perform, you can move on to its graphic style: you can customize it to get a unique design.
- Access the Graphic section of the Object settings window.
- Use the drop-down menu to select the element you want to customize.
- Start by defining some general options, namely the Size and the Margins.
- Now you can work on the Background, the Squares and Dots that make up the QR Code. Thanks to the available options you can define styles, colors and shades.
- Finally, you can define to add an image at the center of your QR Code: select Image, import the specific graphic file and set the Margin between the image and the other elements of the code.
How to use the QR Code
Your QR Code is now ready: publish your website online so to make this new service available for your visitors. They will just have to open the camera of their smartphone and scan the QR Code for some seconds to access the connected content that you have set up for them.
If nothing happens as a result of scanning the QR Code, it is necessary to check if the QR scanning option is enabled on the device in use. If the function isn't available at all, it is always possible to download and install QR Code reader from the App store.
One last thing. If you need your QR Code to be available on paper material other than on your website (flyers, brochures, business cards, etc.), don't worry: you can simply print it out ant it will work perfectly.
Are you curious to use this Object on your web pages? Install QRCode Generator now
You don't have enough Credits to buy this Object? Check out our Credit Packs