Managing digital goods: WebSite X5 Pro from version 13.1
Automatic order fulfillment: WebSite X5 Pro from version 17
One of the easiest ways to stimulate sales is to create a discount on single products within your store.
- Go to Step 1 - WebSite Settings and click on the E-commerce button.
- Double-click on an existing product or click on the New Product button: this will lead you to the Product Settings window. If necessary, insert the information required to define the product, otherwise proceed directly to the Discount section.
- At this point, you will choose which kind of discount to apply the product. First of all, you can decide whether you want to apply a fixed discount or a percentage discount: just select the option you prefer and specify the number or percentage that should be discounted from the product’s price (which is set under Product Settings > General).
- It’s good practice to establish a time frame within which a coupon is valid: use the calendar to selected activation and expiry dates.
#tip - Principle of urgency. This is one of the principles of persuasion: knowing that an offer lasts only a short time and/or is about to end pushes people to take advantage of it and not miss the opportunity.
- If you would rather not apply discounts directly to the prices shown in the store, but prefer to use a coupon which the user will insert into the specified fields when placing an order, select the Apply the discount rate with the coupon option and enter the code you want to link to the coupon. The coupon will automatically have the same validity period as the discount with which it is linked.
#tip - Name your coupon. You can use alphanumeric strings, symbols, single words, or short phrases as your coupon codes. Keep in mind that simple codes are easier for customers to use, and that the shopping cart field where the coupon is entered is case-sensitive.
- In addition to a fixed or percentage discount, you can also choose to apply a quantity discount: select the Enable Quantity Discount option and click on the Add button to set the conditions in which the coupon will be applied. In practice, that just means setting the number of products to be met or exceeded, and the percentage discount to be applied to such orders.
#tip - Incremental discounts. With this mechanism, you can create several quantity discounts for a single product: the higher the quantity purchased, the higher the discount.
#tip - Calculating the discount. If a fixed/percentage discount is already applied to a Product, any additional quantity discount is calculated based on the discounted price, not the original price.