WebSite X5 Evo and Pro
When you have created your Product Catalog, you have to define the shipping and payment methods that the Customer can choose from when making his order.
- In the Shopping Cart, Order Management window, the Shipping type List table proposes default values of "Post" and "Express Courier"
- Select one at a time and click on the Edit button to modify a method an existing method. Click on the Add button to define a new shipping method. In both cases, you access to the Shipping Type window.
- In the General section of the Shipping Type window, report the Name, a short Description and, if you want to, provide an Image for the shipping type you are setting up.
- Open the Cost section and use the Fixed Cost to specify how much the shipping is. You can also set this field as 0 if you don't want any.
- To complete the task, open the E-mail message section and add a description of the shipping type which will be used in the order confirmation e-mail your Customers will get.
- If you are working with the Pro edition of the software, you can now manage the order shipments and allow your customers to track them. Open the Management section and activate the Shipping Management option. You can activate:
- The Shipping Tracking: in this case, you need to use the specific field to report the URL to the website your customers can connect to keep track of the shipment. When you process the order (via the Control Panel or the WebSite X5 Manager App) you will be able to specify the tracking code, which will be reported in the order confirmation e-mail for the Customer. For more information, see: How to set up the shipping tracking.
- The Automatic management via Qapla' option: Qapla' is an all-in-one platform to manage your e-commerce. If you have an active account on Qapla', you just need to report your Qapla' account API key, so to allow a connection between this service and WebSite X5. In this way, when you're processing the order, (via the Control Panel or the WebSite X5 Manager App), all the related data will be sent to Qapla' for you to benefite of the many functions available for managing the shipments. For more information, see How to manage shipments with Qapla'.
- Confirm with Ok. The new shipping type is now available in the Shipping Type List.
#tip - Variable shipping costs. You can also set a variable price for the shipping costs according to the total weight of the ordered products (see: How to define shipping costs based on the weight of the order) or to their total amount (see: How to define shipping costs based on the total amount of the order). With the Pro edition you will be able to set a different shipping cost, regardless whether it is fixed or variable, according to the customer's country (see: How to set different shipping costs according to the customer's country).